Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weekend

September 17, 2011

On Thursday I went to the clinic to see Dr. Costa (Kareem's partner) and get blood work done. Everything was okay...my potassium was a bit too high in my blood so they adjusted my TPN...and everyone thought I looked good. So, when I asked for a weekend pass to go home, the answer was YES! That's when my dad and I broke into overdrive and packed up a few necesseties before heading home to Michigan!

We ended up getting to Holland around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday and it was wonderful to see the family. E was so excited to see me it was unbelievable. On Friday, the family went to work/school and I rested and caught up on paperwork. In the evening we went to the annual downtown Holland 'live manequin' showcase after going out to eat. It was the first time our family had a 'true' dinner together since the end of April. What a great time.

Today I was able to watch E's soccer game. (He scored two goals!) G had her 8th birthday party with friends at Paint-a-Pot. It was fun to see her smile after the party describing what they painted, and seeing her presents. Way better than trying to discern it over the phone.

Last but not least, our neighborhood had a get together for the ND/MSU game. It was fun to celebrate eating some snacks and watching a game with our neighbors who have done so much for us during the past few months. Plus, I got to play devil's advocate since they were all rooting for MSU. Go ND!

Dad and I are leaving tomorrow to head back to Pittsburgh since I have an appointment with Kareem on Monday morning. More blood work and a consult. Another 7 hrs in a car, but it was and is so worth it to see my family.

We will let you know how it goes after Monday's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment