Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Good Things - Clarification

Many of our friends have been so excited today at the prospect of me coming home. We are too, BUT there are lots of ifs and there is going to be a significant amount of follow up in Pittsburgh. We'll celebrate today, but please realize this journey is far from over.

We are not sure of the exact timeline for follow up, but as an example - this summer we had to visit Chicago on a weekly basis for six weeks after my surgical drains were installed. If I have to visit UPMC in a similar way, it's going to be a significant event in our life on a weekly basis from a time and expense point of view. Again, the exact follow up for this surgery has not been established, and we are praying for few complications so all of this will be moot.

Today I saw the UPMC IBD team. The attending physician was Dr. Baido who happened to train under Dr. Hanauer at UChicago. He gave me a smile when we discussed the small world of crohns disease treatment. We developed a treatment plan and I will start on it while here with follow up at UChicago. It was good meeting.

I also started eating today. Peanut butter sandwiches are pretty good. Slow but sure in this route.

For those that are inclined, prayers for my family would be encouraged. I miss them, and want to be there for them.

Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Matt we are so encouraged about the past surgery and hope and pray that everything will keep working out for you and your family. What a blessing the news was about you intestine. YEAH!!
    You have been a true warrior and an inspiration to others. God Bless you and will keep you in our prayers as we will with you family. Love you all,
    Dottie and Herb

    ReplyDelete