Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Clinic Day

September 13, 2011

Yesterday was a long clinic day. We needed to be there at 8:00 a.m. so they could draw my blood and do their health assessment by the nursing staff. Then it was wait, wait, wait until Dr. Kareem could see me. It was around 2:00 p.m. when I was called back to meet with Dr. Kareem and his team. He was happy with the results so far, took out a few sutures and made a few adjustments to my TPN and medicine. Then we discussed next steps and potential timelines to return home. If all continues to go well, I will see Kareem's partner - Dr. Costa - Thursday at clinic, and then see Kareem next Monday. At that point he will hopefully release me from Pittsburgh. Follow up will probably be every 2 weeks following my release.

In the meantime, Dad and I are trying to do a few things in Pittsburgh. On Saturday we went to the Pitt vs. Maine football game using free tickets given to Family House. We are keeping our fingers crossed that there will be Steeler tickets this weekend. Later today or tomorrow we are hoping to visit the Warhol Museum. Warhol is from Pittsburgh and the museum has the largest number of Warhol paintings and prints. It should be interesting.

Other than that, it is rest, walk, and read. I'm starting to sift through my email pile to figure out what is going on at work.

I appreciate all of your support for me and my family.

2 comments:

  1. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad Amy and the kids could start school and keep their routine. May God grant healing and patience during this separation and recovery.
    Love, mk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, you and your family are in my husband's and my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for opening up and keeping us informed on this blog. Your family is so precious and dear, we are praying for a safe return for you to all be together again. Lots of love (and spartan love, too :) )
    Catie & Steve Richert (work with Amy @ Quincy).

    ReplyDelete