Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today's Good Things

Since I was having the blah's this morning, I've got to feeling a bit more even-keeled. I saw Dr. Kareem today and feels confident at this time my remaining intestine is healthy and he doesn't think I'll have anymore fistulas, so he's hoping to release me on Friday to Family House for one week and then home to Michigan. Wow! That's a turn of events. I know I've said it before, but this entire UPMC journey has been so up and down, topsie - turvie that trying to plan out a life is difficult at best. It's an important learning for me - trying to control things is impossible, influencing is, and being calm through all of it is so important because things change in a minute.

Tomorrow Dr. Hanauer's colleague Miguel Rosario will be visiting for a consult re: Crohn's disease medicines. We'll see what he has to say, and food will enter my mouth again. So I'm going to request a consult with a nutritionist as well.

One last thought - enjoy your family tonight. Give them an extra hug.

5 comments:

  1. Home in a couple of weeks???? How miraculous!! Hope you can sleep tonight and hoping for more good news tomorrow.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's something to make you smile... Today on the first day of school, I was a little flustered that I had to waste time passing out papers. I jokingly voiced this to the kids and Greta said, "There needs to be a magical elevator where you put the papers in and it delivers them to each kid right away." I laughed and told her that when she grew up, she should invent one. She looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Mrs. Lievense, I am NOT going to be an electrical engineer, I am going to be an artist or a doctor." Only your 2nd grade daughter would know that an electrical engineer would design an elevator, Matthew! Keep healing, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought of you often this weekend as Amy and the kids were heading home! Thankful for a good report today, we continue to pray for quick and complete healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news. Hope to see you at some soccer games later this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew! wonderful news!! I don't know how much of my story with hubby Robert you know, but we got married during a very serious illness he had. I almost lost him... it makes you SO aware of family and the desire to hold them close is very great. YOU are an amazing young man, and Amy is quite a star as well... One thing I learned, you seem to know as well... always be thankful for people that are in your life.
    I am glad things are looking so good... as always.. thinking of you, Amy and those wonderful kids!

    ReplyDelete