Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hard Weekend

It's been a hard weekend. I am getting stronger, but I am feeling lonely, frustrated, a drift, I don't know the right words. But I know the reason it's because my wife and kids left for Michigan. I miss my family. So it's the boys - me and my dad - here in Pittsburgh hanging out. Dad has been great, but with school starting today I feel like I'm missing life back home and there is no guarantee that I'll be back soon. This whole journey is so I can live life and live it abundantly. Right now it just feels like I'm in a hospital room surviving without friends or family close by. It's really hard.

This isn't a pitty party for me though. Hospitals have a different vibe over holiday weekends. Physicians aren't around and nursing staff has more time because census is usually down. The nursing care at UPMC has been great and the support staff is much more professional than I've experienced recently. So that's been a positive in my life. Dad is staying at Family House Neville which according to reports from Amy is much nicer than Family House McKee where we were staying, so if I'm discharged to family house - that's where we are heading.

I'll try to write a bit more and let people know what is going on.

Matthew

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting. A hospital is a lonely place. Concentrate on getting better and know lots of prayers are being said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll take care of Amy and the kids at Quincy today!!! I know their hearts are all with you!!

    Love,

    Cheryl Beute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew: Psalm 23 says, "He restores my soul." May God walk with you today restoring your soul and removing your fear. Amy, Greta, Ezra, and you are in His arms and he'll carry you through this time. Love, mk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Matthew! We are thinking about you often and praying for your quick recovery. I cannot support you being a Steelers fan, so...we need to get you home to Lion country soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever want us to come and visit from DC, just let us know!
    Heather, Matt, and Addison Taylor

    ReplyDelete