Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lemons into Lemonade or the Alternative?

I received an email today from a college friend who is in the process of mourning a loss and going through the grieving process. In some ways this past year has made me realize I am in the grieving process over the loss of my intestines, the loss of control over how tired I get, the loss of control over situations like these when I get hospitalized for one week in the most inopportune time. None of those losses are fun for me, my family, my work or others.

With the help of modern medicine I feel fine right now. Antibiotics are amazing, pulling the line helped and there is always pain medicine if need be. In fact last night I stayed up way too late and watched the GOP returns from MN, MO and almost CO. The pundits were as fun as always and I even thought of a new blog I could start some day.

Obviously I would prefer that certain parts of my life were different. Who doesn't? But in the end we all have a choice to remember - We can turn lemons into lemonade or we can let lemons sour us. It's our choice, and today I'm sipping lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment