Thursday, May 17, 2012

Funny Week

It sure has been a 'funny' week. After getting discharged from the hospital on Monday, May 7 I stayed home to get stronger, and then started to do some work from home, and was ready to come back to work today (5/17). Unfortunately, on Tuesday, I received a call from the UChicago team informing me my blood work was problematic. High white cells and billyrubin. So we redid the blood work on Tuesday and I was scheduled for treatment and clinic on Wednesday at UChicago. On my way to UChicago I got good news saying my blood work was better. Great! We will see you soon. An hour later....got a problem, the blood culture came back positive and we need to admit you to the hospital for antibiotics and to pull the line! Come on.....really? Well that turned into we can't find you a room, so go to ER to start treatment. ER was backed up all day because of the room shortage so they couldn't see me until 8 pm. We started antibiotics then, but I didn't get into a room until 4:30 a.m. today. (Who is getting discharged at midnight so a room opens up? Strange.) Anyway, I feel fine. No pain. Just a blood infection. Should be headed home and then back to work on Monday. I'm ready for some normal. It's been a long April and early May.

No comments:

Post a Comment