Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ahh...

Yesterday was the first day that I felt like I had a new lease on life. The acute pain from Monday was gone. The chronic pain I am used to feeling had slowed. And I could actually take a deep breath....ahhh. I was able to check email and start to catch up on all I missed. I read one of Anthony Bourdain's books on food and travel. The children arrived and we had a lot of smiles, stories and good laughs. I received a card from one of the girls I've coached over the past few years - saying she hopes I get better and that she misses me. It was a good day. This weekend the kids are going to have plenty of stories. They are off to downtown with Grandma to the Lego and American Girl store. My Aunt, Uncle and cousin are visiting from Iowa so I will get some new stories from them. Through the past few weeks, my conviction that life is good has not changed. It sure can be frustrating some times. But through these frustrating experiences we can see the beauty of the moments when lives comes together and the smiles flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment